Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides California residents with certain rights regarding their Personal Information.
enVista may receive these requests in one of two ways: 1) directly from a California resident, and 2) from a business partner that has received the request and is seeking assistance from us in fulfilling a request. Generally, enVista is not the primary controller of the Personal Information it receives and receives Personal Information about you from a business partner. For requests received directly from a California resident, we will typically refer you back to the original business partner that shared Personal Information with us. We will forward your request to them and assist with fulfilling that request, if necessary and as required by law or contract. For requests received from the business partner, we will cooperate with the business partner as necessary to fulfill its obligations under the CCPA, including cooperating with data subject requests.
In the unlikely event we receive Personal Information about you directly and not from a business partner, the following section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Access and Portability
California residents have the right to request that we disclose certain information about our collection and use of Personal Information over the last twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, in which we may have to gather further identifiable information in order to confirm your identity, we will disclose to you the following:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or disclosing that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information;
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request); and
- If we disclose your Personal Information for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories disclosed.
We will deliver a verifiable access request and the accompanying information to a California resident in a portable, easily readable electronic format.
Right to Deletion
The CCPA allows California residents the right to request that we delete any Personal Information about you that we collect and retain, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, in which we may have to gather further identifiable information in order to confirm your identity, we will delete (and in turn direct our service providers to delete, if applicable) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny a deletion request if retaining the information is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations;
- Comply with a legal obligation and requests from law enforcement agencies; and
- Make other lawful uses of that information, compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing such request to enVista’s mailing address set forth below.
A verifiable request may be submitted by a California resident or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that is authorized to act on your behalf. These requests for access and deletion may only be made twice during a twelve (12) month period and must:
- Detail sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative; and,
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate and respond.
Timeframe for Responding to Requests and Format
enVista will respond to your request within thirty (30) days of receipt.
The period of response may be extended to forty-five (45) or sixty (60) days if more time is required. In that event, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
The CCPA prohibits a business from discriminating against California consumers for exercising the rights outlined above. We will not discriminate against you for submitting such requests by:
- Denying goods or services to you;
- Charging different rates for goods or services, including using discounts, benefits, or other penalties;
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services; and,
- Suggesting a different price or quality of goods or services will apply if rights are exercised.
No Financial Incentive
We do not offer any financial incentives or price or service difference in an attempt to influence a consumer’s decision whether or not to exercise a right afforded to the consumer under the CCPA.