Once the master schedule is prepared, all team members will be expected to communicate regular updates to the program manager at a predetermined time. The program manager will digest the project updates and understand the effects to the program overall. They will generate the necessary transparency, visibility and related actions to maintain alignment in the program. These include:
- Hold weekly update meetings
- Have one on one meetings with key stakeholders
- Call ad-hoc sessions to address issues and gain alignment
- Oversee correction process for off-schedule tasks
- Generate program level information on tasks, budgets and scope
- Drive projects to completion
Good program management and project management are the way to overcome pain points. One of the biggest benefits of using a PM consultant firm is the value of being able to reuse processes. Once the processes, procedures and templates are created, they can be used on all future programs with only slight modifications. They can easily be used for future PM trainings within your organization. This results in reduced project start-up time, a shorter learning curve for project team members and time savings from not having to reinvent processes and templates from scratch on each project.