INDIANAPOLIS – enVista, a leading supply chain consulting and IT services firm, today announces it has been named to Food Logistics magazine’s Top Green Providers list for the fourth consecutive year for its services that enable and promote sustainability. enVista consultants are Lean Six Sigma experts, helping companies reduce waste from source to consumption.
The Top Green Providers list focuses on sustainability in the global food supply chain with profiles of companies that are exceeding industry standards in their sector.
“Today’s consumers want to support businesses with a conscience and those that strategically develop and promote sustainable business practices,” said enVista President and CEO Jim Barnes. “As Lean consultants, we understand how to drive out waste and improve processes across the entire supply chain that, in turn, reduce costs, improve efficiencies and increase customer service levels for enVista food and beverage clients. Our clients are very proud of the strides they have made to support sustainable business practices, as are we.”
Barnes continued, “It is very important to us as an organization that we do the right things for the right reasons. This means determining all the ways enVista can add value and help our clients achieve their goals that promote profitability, enhanced customer service and corporate responsibility. Sustainable practices are important to enVista and our core values. For the last 12 years, we have invested in several well-received green initiatives and programs for our associates. We are very honored to be part of the Food Logistics Top Green Providers list for the fourth consecutive year.”
enVista has a proven track record of helping clients enhance sustainability through a number of services including:
- Transportation Planning and Optimization – Reducing transportation requirements and carbon footprint across all modes
- Facility Design Build – Optimizing existing facilities and designing new facilities optimized for long-term usage and leveraging sustainable/LEED-certified building opportunities
- Supply Chain Network Optimization – Reducing transportation requirements/emissions and facilities requirements
- Material Flow Analysis and Inventory Optimization – Reducing safety stock/excess inventory
- Supply Chain Strategy/Omni-channel Retail Strategy – Leveraging clients’ facilities, stores, suppliers and logistics partners to optimize order fulfillment at least cost and transportation use
- Workforce Management – Labor productivity improvements that can result in reduced staffing levels or even reduced shifts, subsequently lowering energy requirements
- Supply Chain Execution Technology Implementations – Promoting quality assurance and traceability throughout the entire supply chain to reduce the number of mass recalls and associated waste
“The 2015 Top Green Providers list is our largest ever, signaling the growing importance of sustainability throughout the global food and beverage supply chain,” said Lara L. Sowinski, editor-in-chief for Food Logistics. “Applying sustainable practices in the agriculture, transportation, warehousing and retailing sectors is critical in addressing the environmental and business demands of the 21st century, particularly for our industry.”
The Top Green Providers list will be featured in the June issue of the magazine.
For more information about enVista, visit www.envistacorp.com